- Licensed medical professional with a Doctoral, PA, Nursing, EMT or Paramedic certification.
- Hold a current AWLS certification (or its equivalent).
- Experience in wilderness activities
- Teaching experience in either a traditional medical role or in experiential education.
- Passion for Wilderness Medicine that you would like to share with other medical professionals.
- Attend an AWLS instructor orientation or conduct the session with the assistance of a trained AWLS instructor
Complete the AWLS instructor application and forward with your curriculum vitae (and other information), 2 references and a cover letter expressing your interest. We will contact you within ten days of the receipt of your application to discuss your application. Once approved, you will be eligible to complete the AWLS instructor orientation.
Also, please let us know if you are interested in hosting an AWLS course in your area.