Winter is here and along with it come special considerations for recreating in the outdoors! Brush up on all things winter wilderness medicine with this special bundle! For a limited time, we are offering this bundle for $100, a nearly 40% discount from the normal value.
For this special price, you will receive our Avalanche Medicine, Altitude Medicine, Hypothermia & Cold Injury modules, along with our new Frostbite mini-module (.5 CME credits), only available in this bundle!
Included in the bundle:
- Recognize that the time to recovery is the most significant factor for victim survival
- Understand the types of injuries caused by avalanche burial
- Describe the most appropriate way to organize a rescue
- Understand treatment options based on burial time
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of acute mountain sickness, high altitude cerebral edema, and high altitude pulmonary edema
- Understand that gradual ascent is the key to preventing altitude illness
- Describe pharmacologic methods of treating altitude illness; including the use of acetazolamide, dexamethasone, and nifedipine
- Identify additional methods for preventing and mitigating altitude illness
- Review the pathophysiology of hypothermia, frostbite, and other cold-related injuries
- Recognize and treat hypothermia and frostbite in the wilderness with limited resources
- Understand the evacuation criteria for frostbite and hypothermia
- Be able to describe methods to prevent cold injury
Frostbite Injury & Prevention – Only available in the Winter Wilderness Medicine Bundle!
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of frostbite
- Understand frostbite prevention and treatment in a limited resource environment
- Understand the consequences of improper frostbite treatment